|Programme||COMMERCIALISATION OF RESEARCH &
DEVELOPMENT FUND (CRDF 1)|
|Fund Provider||Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (MTDC)|
CRDF 1 is a funding for the commercialisation of R&D output from
public and private University (PPU) / Government Research Institute
(GRI) by a Spin-Off (“Syarikat Terbitan Universiti, STU”) or a Start-Up
company. CRDF 1 is designed to provide funding to enable spin-offs
and start-ups to prove their technology’s readiness to be
commercialised and to explore the market acceptance before
receiving additional funding.
• Company incorporated under the Companies Act 1965.
• The company must be at least 51% Malaysian-owned.
• The proposed technology to be commercialised must be from one
of the Priority Technology Clusters identified by MOSTI.
• The R&D must have been completed successfully and a
commercial-ready prototype is available.
|Stage Of Business|
• Spin-off companies from PPU / GRI
A spin off company:
- A company with local Public and Private University /
Government Research Institution ownership
- Required to operate their business from any recognised
Technology Centre locally
• Start-up companies
A start up:
- A newly set up SME established specifically as the vehicle for
the commercialisation activities of the specific project
- Recommended to operate their business from any recognised
Both types of companies are required to focus their commercialisation
activities on business development while producing their product via
|Quantum/Margin of Financing |
CRDF 1 provides funding in the form of partial grants with a maximum
of RM500,000 or 70% of the eligible expenses (whichever is lower)
|Project Duration |
Not more than 12 months
Malaysian Technology Development Corporation (MTDC)
Level 9 Menara Yayasan Tun Razak,
Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone : +6 03 2172-6000
Fax : +6 03 2163-7541 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org